Shap C of E (VA) Primary School
Main Street, Shap, Cumbria, CA10 3NL
Leadership Range L7-L13 Pay Range £47,707-£55,202
Required: September 2020
The Governing Body of Shap School is looking to appoint a driven and energetic Headteacher for September 2020. Consistently rated as Good by Ofsted (last inspection June 2019), Shap School represents a rare opportunity for a Headteacher to lead, shape and influence our future, while building on our strengths to ensure continued success.
Shap School is located on the edge of the stunning Lake District. We pride ourselves on being an exciting place for children to realise their potential and develop their talents. We do this in an environment based on Christian values, mutual respect and care. The children are at the heart of everything that we do.
Following the last Ofsted inspection in June 2019 the inspector found the school to be a warm, caring environment in which pupils say they feel safe. Pupils benefit from good arrangements for their personal development and welfare. Pupils behaviour is good in class and around school because teachers’ expectations are high.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Has the capability to lead our school with sensitivity and attention to detail, raising standards where required, but recognising and maintaining established excellence.
- Understands absolutely the need to keep the wellbeing and achievements of our pupils at the centre of all the decisions they make
- Has an inspirational and creative leadership style with an open and approachable manner with our staffing team, families and the wider community.
- Is able to take a lead role in teaching across all year groups.
In return we will offer the successful candidate:-
- Staff who are totally committed to our pupils and are keen to drive the school on an upward trajectory.
- Confident and happy children who enjoy their time in school and the learning experience we bring to them.
- Training, where needed, to develop as an effective leader
- A fully supportive, skilled and motivated governing body.
Visits to the school can be arranged by contacting Julie Hunter on 01931 716274. Application details are available from Julie Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org (marking any emails FAO Julie Hunter/Recruitment).
Julie’s usual working hours are Wednesday 8.30-2 and Friday 8.30-1.30.
Our school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. The above post will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: Noon Wednesday 25th March 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 30th March 2020
Assessment / Interviews: Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st April 2020