Reception to Year 6 Children at Shap CE School are required to wear:
- Maroon sweatshirts, cardigans or fleeces (not hoodies) which are embroidered with the school logo (this could be the new or the previous school logo) *
- Maroon or white polo shirts either with or without the school logo (this could be the new or the previous school logo) *
- Grey or black school trousers, ‘school shorts’, pinafores or skirts
- Maroon or red checked summer dresses
- Black, white or grey socks or black or grey tights
- Black, ‘leather’ shoes
Please note all dresses, skirts and shorts should be an appropriate length and of a style which allows sitting comfortably on the carpet.
P.E. Kit List
Children need a change of clothes, socks and footwear for P.E. (for health and hygiene reasons) in a drawstring bag or a rucksack which is to be kept in school on their peg.
For P.E. children at Shap CE School are required to wear:
- Maroon shorts *
- White t-shirt or polo shirt either with or without the school logo *
- Maroon hoodie or fleece with or without the school logo *
- Maroon jogging bottoms or leggings for outdoor PE lessons in cold weather *
- A pair of trainers which the children can fasten independently
Nursery Uniform List
Nursery School Uniform: is optional, with:
- A yellow or purple sweatshirt either with or without the school logo *
- A yellow or purple polo shirt either with or without the school logo *
- Jogging bottoms or leggings that are easy to pull up and down until they are confident using the toilet independently
All items marked with * can be purchased from Sam Scotts of Penrith (01768 866961) https://samscotts.co.uk/collections/shap-uniform where uniforms are already badged and may be tried on for size, whilst others are easily available, at very competitive prices, at local shops and supermarkets.
Alternatively, uniforms may also be ordered from Lakeland Embroidery (01768 899095).
Please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly marked with your child’s name, and easily identifiable by your child if they do not recognise their name or initials, they may recognise a picture or symbol.