Mission Statement, Christian Vision, Christian Values and Aims
Shap Endowed C of E Primary School’s Mission Statement:
”Shap School: a safe branch from which to soar!”
affirms that the school will provide enjoyment and achievement in an environment where all pupils and staff will feel emotionally and physically secure and will stay safe.
Our Christian Vision:
With children and the church at the heart of the school, we are 'living in harmony' (Romans 12:16) within our community; nurturing one another in order to create an environment from which all can soar
Our Assiciated Christian Values:
Friendship, Trust, Peace, Koinonia, Compassion and creation.
Our school will provide a first class, nurturing and inclusive educational environment where we will support our children to become:
* creative, curious and spiritual with an appreciation of Christian values
* develop learning partnerships between home, school and the community, thereby encouraging the whole child
* independent, self-motivated and self-disciplined, showing respect for others and themselves
* happy, healthy, physically active children with high levels of self esteem
* kind, considerate children who are respectful of themselves and others
* positive contributors to our school, local and global communities
Our children worked with Ruth Evans (NISCU) to select Christian Values that best exemplified our Christian Vision.
Blencathra children then worked in groups to produce some artwork that illustrates the Christian Values that we identified to help make them more memorable!
Christian Vision signed with accompanying Christian Values
Blencathra children learned the makaton signs for our Christian Values: Friendship, Trust, Peace, Koinonia, Compassion and Creation. They taught the rest of the school to recite our Christian Vision, and sign the accompanying Christian Values!