- Design and Technology
- DT Progression of Skills and Knowledge
- Key Area: Electrical Systems
- Blencathra Kidsty Pike 'Torches' Autumn 1
Blencathra Kidsty Pike 'Torches' Autumn 1
The children have been identifying the difference between electrical and electronic products. They have evaluated a range of existing torches and their features, then develop a new functional torch design.
- Identify electrical products and explain why they are useful.
- Help to make a working switch.
- Identify the features of a torch and how it works.
- Describe what makes a torch successful.
- Create suitable designs that fit the success criteria and their own design criteria.
- Create a functioning torch with a switch according to their design criteria.