- Design and Technology
- DT Progression of Skills and Knowledge
- Key Area: Mechanisms and Mechanical Systems
- Helvellyn Pop Up Books Autumn 2 2022
Helvellyn Pop Up Books Autumn 2 2022
The children created a functional four-page pop-up storybook design, using lever, sliders, layers and spacers to create paper-based mechanisms.
- Produce a suitable plan for each page of their book.
- Produce the structure of the book.
- Assemble the components necessary for all their structures/mechanisms.
- Hide the mechanical elements with more layers using spacers where needed.
- Use a range of mechanisms and structures to illustrate their story and make it interactive for the users.
- Use appropriate materials and captions to illustrate the story.